Mine navigeerimisribale Mine otsikasti
|See artikkel räägib loodusteadlasest; trummari kohta vaata artiklit John Ellis (muusik); filminäitleja kohta vaata artiklit John Ellis (filminäitleja)|
Tema ametlik autorinimi on „J.Ellis“.
Teosed[muuda | muuda lähteteksti]
- Directions for bringing over seeds and plants, from the East-Indies and other distant countries, in a state of vegetation : together with a catalogue of such foreign plants as are worthy of being encouraged in our American colonies, for the purposes of medicine, agriculture, and commerce. To which is added, the figure and botanical description of a new sensitive plant, called Dionaea muscipula: or, Venus's fly-trap /, 1770
- An historical account of coffee : with an engraving, and botanical description of the tree : to which are added sundry papers relative to its culture and use, as an Article of Diet and of Commerce : published by John Ellis, F. R. S. Agent for the Island of Dominica, 1774
- An essay towards a natural history of the corallines, and other marine productions of the like kind, commonly found on the coasts of Great Britain and Ireland. To which is added the description of a large marine polype taken near the North Pole, by the whale-fishers, in the summer 1753, 1755
- [A Description of the Mangostan and the Bread-fruit: The First, Esteemed One of the Most Delicious, the Other, the Most Useful of All the Fruits of the East Indies : to which are Added, Directions to Voyagers, for Bringing Over These and Other Vegetable Productions, which Would be Extremely Beneficial to the Inhabitants of Our West India Islands], 1775
- postuumselt koos Daniel Charles Solander'iga (1733-1782) A Natural History of Many Uncommon and Curious Zoophytes, 1776
Selles artiklis on kasutatud ingliskeelset artiklit en:John Ellis (naturalist) seisuga 18.03.2017.