|Welcome to the embassy of the Estonian Wikipedia! If you have any announcements or questions regarding international issues or the Estonian Wikipedia you are invited to post them here.
||Willkommen auf der Botschaft der estnischen Wikipedia. Fragen und Vorschläge zu internationalen Themen oder der estnischen Wikipedia können hier gepostet werden.
||Bienvenue sur l'ambassade de la Wikipédia en estonien ! Si vous avez des annonces ou des demandes concernant les questions internationales ou la Wikipédia estonienne, vous êtes invité à les signaler ici.
New way to edit wikitext[muuda lähteteksti]
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --14. detsember 2016, kell 21:32 (EET)
Estonian municipalities in 1939[muuda lähteteksti]
Some articles, like Kuusalu vald (1939), include the population and area in hectares of the new municipality in year 1939. What is the source of those numbers? This publication Majandusteated ; 35 1940-09-03 has only population of August 15, 1940 but not the municipality areas, so that can not be the source. --Raksa123 (arutelu) 9. jaanuar 2017, kell 13:21 (EET)
- Harju Maavalitsuse Teataja, http://www.ester.ee/record=b1320260*est. Thank you for reference to Majandusteated!
Commons:Photo challenge February 2017 is Multilingualism[muuda lähteteksti]
I left this information here, I think some of you might find it interesting (many of you live in a de facto bilingual country).
Bilingual plate? Local festivals? Serious cultural events? Official documents? Be creative.
The nicer the picture, the bigger its diffusion. You just win a barnstar.
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[muuda lähteteksti]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Andres Parve[muuda lähteteksti]
- Copied from Vikipeedia:Üldine arutelu#Andres Parve
I'm looking for informations about Andres Parve, who is working for the Siseministeerium (https://www.siseministeerium.ee/et/kontakt). He is mentioned in the en:List of individuals sanctioned during the Ukrainian crisis without any further biographic details. --126.96.36.199 22. oktoober 2016, kell 21:25 (EEST)