- 1 Wikimania 2016 scholarships
- 2 RevisionSlider
- 3 Grants to improve your project
- 4 Creative Commons 4.0
- 5 Editing News #3—2016
- 6 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)
- 7 Password reset
- 8 Adding to the above section (Password reset)
- 9 New way to edit wikitext
- 10 Estonian municipalities in 1939
Wikimania 2016 scholarships[muuda lähteteksti]
As every year, Wikimedia Polska Association is accepting scholarship requests for this year’s Wikimania, to be held at the Italian town of Esino Lario, June 22-28. The scholarship encompasses travel expenses, accomodation, insurance and the possible conference fee. Please submit your requests by email to email@example.com from March 14, 00:00:01 (CET) by March 27, 23:59:59 (CET). Up to two international scholarships will be funded. The scholarship request, submitted in English or Polish, ought to contain:
- short description of your activity within the Wikimedia movement, your real name, your global username or local usernames, Wikimedia activity outside project editing (including local chapter activity), prior input into the Wikimedia conferences, especially international ones;
- information about your desired participation in the conference: planned or submitted lectures or other activities during Wikimania or its associated events;
- information about your forecast activity in pre- and post-conference activities, with the justification for participating in these non-core conference activities;
- declaration of your command of English sufficient to actively participate in the conference;
- information about the international airport closest to your place of residence;
- declaration of being 18 years or older; in case of younger applicants, 16-18, a scan of a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to the participation in the conference;
- the information on citizenship(s) held;
- agreement to provide and process your personal data (name, address, bank account details, passport number) if the scholarship is granted. Please, do not provide these personal details in the application itself, apart from your real name.
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 12. september 2016, kell 17:56 (EEST)
Grants to improve your project[muuda lähteteksti]
Palun aita emakeelde tõlkida:
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
Creative Commons 4.0[muuda lähteteksti]
Hello! I'm writing from the Wikimedia Foundation to invite you to give your feedback on a proposed move from CC BY-SA 3.0 to a CC BY-SA 4.0 license across all Wikimedia projects. The consultation will run from October 5 to November 8, and we hope to receive a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Please, if you are interested, take part in the discussion on Meta-Wiki.
Apologies that this message is only in English. This message can be read and translated in more languages here. Joe Sutherland (talk) 6. oktoober 2016, kell 04:34 (EEST)
Editing News #3—2016[muuda lähteteksti]
15. oktoober 2016, kell 20:50 (EEST)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)[muuda lähteteksti]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Foreign Affairs - Journal of international relations and U.S. foreign policy
- OpenEdition - Journals in the social sciences and humanities
- Édition Diffusion Presse Sciences - French and English language scientific journals
- ASHA - Speech–language–hearing journals
- Tilastopaja - Athletics statistics
- EBSCO - Many new databases added
- Taylor & Francis - Strategic, Defence & Security Studies collection
Password reset[muuda lähteteksti]
I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Select strong passwords – eight or more characters long, and containing letters, numbers, and punctuation. Joe Sutherland (arutelu) / MediaWiki message delivery (arutelu) 14. november 2016, kell 02:00 (EET)
Adding to the above section (Password reset)[muuda lähteteksti]
New way to edit wikitext[muuda lähteteksti]
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --14. detsember 2016, kell 21:32 (EET)
Estonian municipalities in 1939[muuda lähteteksti]
Some articles, like Kuusalu vald (1939), include the population and area in hectares of the new municipality in year 1939. What is the source of those numbers? This publication Majandusteated ; 35 1940-09-03 has only population of August 15, 1940 but not the municipality areas, so that can not be the source. --Raksa123 (arutelu) 9. jaanuar 2017, kell 13:21 (EET)
- Harju Maavalitsuse Teataja, http://www.ester.ee/record=b1320260*est. Thank you for reference to Majandusteated!